A minor in Criminal Justice is highly desirable for students wishing to add a criminal justice focus to a more traditional discipline within Arts & Sciences (such as Psychology, Sociology, or Communication), as well as to students within one of SUNY Poly’s professional programs (such as Nursing, Computer and Information Sciences, or Business) who are looking to augment their skills with a foundation in today’s market and society.
A. General Requirements
- A student desiring a minor in Criminal Justice must register with the program and take a minimum of 17 credits of Criminal Justice courses, at least 8 of which must be taken at the Institute of Technology.
B. Specific Requirements
- CJ 101 (Introduction to Criminal Justice)
- SOC 251 (Sociology of Crime)
- Intermediate Elective or BIO 241T and BIO 241L*
- Upper Division Elective**
- Advanced Elective***
* Any 100, 200 or 300 level CJ course (except CJ 101)
** Any 300 or 400 level CJ course, or POS 342, or PSY 410
*** Any 400 level CJ course, or PSY 410
It is highly recommended that these courses be selected in coordination with a program advisor to ensure the best fit with the student’s interests and major program of study.