The minor in physics would be useful for students who wish to pursue studies in physics or engineering, or who wish to be more competitive in the job market.
Total Credit Hours: 20
A. Required courses (8 credits)
- PHY 201T & PHY 201L Calculus Based Physics I
- PHY 202T & PHY 202L Calculus Based Physics II
B. Three courses from the following options (12 credits)
- PHY 203 Calculus Based Physics III
- PHY 325 Geometrical Optics
- PHY 326 Physical Optics
- PHY 351 Modern Physics
- PHY 361 Intermediate Mechanics
- PHY 371 Electromagnetism
- PHY 381 Quantum Mechanics
- PHY 472 Electromagnetic Waves and Radiation
- PHY 490 Special Topics in Physics
- PHY 491 Independent Study
A “C” grade or higher is required for each course of the minor.
The equivalent of up to three courses that contribute to the minor can be applied as transfer credit.