SUNY Polytechnic Institute is one of more than 55 colleges offering CSTEP (Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program).
Funded through a grant from the New York State Department of Education, CSTEP works to increase the number of historically under- represented as well as economically disadvantaged students who are or may be thinking of pursuing a degree in engineering, mathematics, science, technology, and health related fields of study.
CSTEP offers students a wide range of support such as:
- Research/Internship opportunities
- Opportunities to attend workshops/conferences
- Peer tutors
- Opportunities for presentation of student research/capstone projects
- Financial assistance with graduate test preparation, (GRE, GMAT, MCAT, etc)
Student requirements for admittance and continuation:
- Must be enrolled full time (on campus)
- Maintain an academic standing of at least a 2.5 GPA
- New York state resident
- Be majoring in or considering to major in a STEM, ( Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics major) health related majors leading to professional licensure are also accepted
- African-American, Latino/Hispanic American, Alaskan native, Native American, or demonstrate economic disadvantage, (all ethnicities) based on New York State eligibility income criteria.
- Actively participate in CSTEP programs /events throughout the academic year
For more information, please e-mail CSTEP@SUNYPoly.edu.