SUNY Poly is New York’s globally recognized, high-tech educational ecosystem. SUNY Poly offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in the emerging disciplines of nanoscience and nanoengineering, as well as cutting-edge nanobioscience programs at its Albany campus, and undergraduate and graduate degrees in technology, including engineering, cybersecurity, computer science, and the engineering technologies; professional studies, including business, communication, and nursing; and arts and sciences, including natural sciences, mathematics, humanities, and social sciences at its Utica campus; thriving athletic, recreational, and cultural programs, events, and activities complement the campus experience. As the world’s most advanced, university-driven research enterprise, SUNY Poly boasts billions of dollars in high-tech investments and hundreds of corporate partners since its inception. For information visit www.sunypoly.edu.
SUNY Polytechnic Institute serves as an intellectually vibrant, creative, and stimulating environment for innovation, education, and outreach that prepares its students to apply basic and applied knowledge to challenges, complexities, and opportunities to advance our modern technological society. SUNY Poly:
- Provides an affordable, comprehensive, and integrated range of undergraduate and graduate educational and research programs of the highest quality;
- Provides students with a well-rounded education to prepare them as future leaders in a dynamic and diverse world by demonstrating the interconnectedness of knowledge and cultures and emphasizing the importance of continuous learning;
- Engages in the formulation and dissemination of new discoveries, exciting innovations, stimulating research endeavors, and fundamental and applied knowledge through research and creative inquiry;
- Fosters economic development and creates educational opportunities within New York, the nation, and beyond and promotes responsibility and commitment to public service; and
- Serves as a leader for innovation throughout its educational program, from theoretical principles to practical applications.
SUNY Polytechnic Institute is a vibrant community engaged in the pursuit of scholarship, public service, and intellectual and creative endeavors. SUNY Poly is a premier polytechnic institution dedicated to improving society by advancing knowledge—and its application—and promoting entrepreneurship and economic development.
Utica, Albany and the Mohawk Valley
Located at the western end of the Mohawk Valley, Utica is the natural gateway to the beautiful Adirondack Mountains and scenic Thousand Islands.
Albany, the capital of the State of New York, is located on the west bank of the Hudson River roughly 150 miles north of New York City.
Both regions are steeped in history—from the American Revolution through the Industrial Revolution—and are enriched by both cultural diversity and support for the performing and decorative arts. Utica is home to the internationally recognized Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute, the Utica Symphony Orchestra, Broadway Theater League, the Stanley Performing Arts Center, the Utica Zoo, and a municipal ski facility. Albany boasts the Institute of History and Art, the New York State Museum, the Capitol Repertory Theatre, and the Palace Performing Arts Center.
Utica and Albany are regional transportation hubs. Visitors to Utica can arrive by air at Hancock International Airport in Syracuse. Visitors to Albany can arrive at Albany International Airport. Other transportation options include rail or bus service (Amtrak and Greyhound).