Non-Degree Study

Students may apply to take graduate courses without formal admission to the degree program, on a space-available basis by filing the Non-Matriculated Application. Generally, a maximum of six credit hours is allowed for non-degree study. In some instances students may choose to continue taking coursework above the six hour total if permitted, but may not take more than 12 hours before matriculating into a degree program. The maximum number of non-matriculated credits permitted varies from program to program. Graduate coursework taken while in non-degree status may be applicable to the degree program upon formal admission, however, there is no guarantee of credit applicability or admission by completing coursework in non-degree status.