SUNY Polytechnic Institute, New York’s premier public polytechnic, provides an innovative and affordable higher education for students interested in science, engineering, technology, business, healthcare, and other liberal arts offerings for a well-rounded approach to experiential learning. Our commitment to a hands-on education situates students with both the academic structure customary of undergraduate study and unique opportunities for training and cutting-edge research, ultimately providing learners an unmatched education targeted for success in our fast-changing world. SUNY Poly students enjoy public school tuition with benefits that many small, private institutions boast, including small class sizes, individualized learning experiences, and a tight-knit community.
SUNY Polytechnic Institute serves as an intellectually vibrant, creative, and stimulating environment for innovation, education, and outreach that prepares its students to apply basic and applied knowledge to challenges, complexities, and opportunities to advance our modern technological society. SUNY Poly:
- Provides an affordable, comprehensive, and integrated range of undergraduate and graduate educational and research programs of the highest quality;
- Provides students with a well-rounded education to prepare them as future leaders in a dynamic and diverse world by demonstrating the interconnectedness of knowledge and cultures and emphasizing the importance of continuous learning;
- Engages in the formulation and dissemination of new discoveries, exciting innovations, stimulating research endeavors, and fundamental and applied knowledge through research and creative inquiry;
- Fosters economic development and creates educational opportunities within New York, the nation, and beyond and promotes responsibility and commitment to public service; and
- Serves as a leader for innovation throughout its educational program, from theoretical principles to practical applications.
SUNY Polytechnic Institute is a vibrant community engaged in the pursuit of scholarship, public service, and intellectual and creative endeavors. SUNY Poly is a premier polytechnic institution dedicated to improving society by advancing knowledge—and its application—and promoting entrepreneurship and economic development.
Utica, Albany and the Mohawk Valley
Located at the western end of the Mohawk Valley, Utica is the natural gateway to the beautiful Adirondack Mountains and scenic Thousand Islands. Steeped in history—from the American Revolution through the Industrial Revolution—Utica is enriched by both cultural diversity and support for the performing and decorative arts. Utica is home to the internationally recognized Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute, the Utica Symphony Orchestra, Broadway Theater League, the Stanley Performing Arts Center, the Utica Zoo, and a municipal ski facility. Athletic events featuring professional and semi-professional teams in hockey and soccer are an exciting addition to the repertoire of social offerings.
Utica is a regional transportation hub. Visitors to Utica can arrive by air at Hancock International Airport in Syracuse. Other transportation options include rail or bus service (Amtrak and Greyhound).