The minor in Computer Information Systems is a valuable choice for students in all technical disciplines as well as for students in management, social sciences, and mathematics. Computer systems are essential to the successful operation of all organizations and businesses. Advances in hardware and software continue to permeate research laboratories and offices throughout the world. In an increasingly competitive job market, a general understanding of computer information systems can play a significant role in satisfying conditions for employment.
Total Credit Hours: 20
A. Required Courses (12 credits)
- MAT 115 Finite Mathematics for Computer Science
- CS 108 Computing Fundamentals
- CS 240 Data Structures and Algorithms
B. Elective Courses (at least 8 credits)
- IS 310 Hardware and Network Infrastructure
- IS 320 Systems Analysis and Design
- IS 325 Database Management Systems
No more than eight credits may be applied to both the Computer Information Systems and Computer and Information Science minors. At least 12 credits must be taken in residence at SUNY Poly. A maximum of two courses taken at other institutions may be applied to the minor.