While each student is assigned a faculty advisor and is given an opportunity to obtain additional counseling on personal and collegiate matters, final responsibility rests with the student to assure that all degree program requirements are satisfied for graduation as follows:
- In order to be considered for graduation, students must submit a Graduation Application to the Registrar’s Office by the preceding November 1 for May graduation, by April 1 for August graduation, or by June 1 for December graduation. The list of potential graduates is forwarded to each academic unit, and advisers and the registrar review each student file to determine if all requirements have been met. All students have approximately three weeks from the formal date of graduation to submit any paperwork required to clear them for graduation (specific deadline dates are posted each semester by the Registrar’s Office). Students not meeting this deadline will be notified in writing that they have not graduated.
- Satisfactory completion of program credit requirements with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all coursework taken at SUNY Poly.
- All specific program requirements must be met.
- A 3.0 GPA in all courses in the major, as identified by the department.
- No more than two “C” grades will count toward a graduate degree.
- Student must be registered at SUNY Poly during the term they intend to graduate.
There is a $10.00 diploma cover fee which must be paid prior to graduation. All financial obligations must be cleared before the diploma is released.