SUNY Poly is a member of a regional educational consortium that includes Hamilton College and Utica College. Full-time matriculated students at any of the consortium partners are able to enroll in one course of up to four credits of eligible coursework per semester (fall and spring only) at partner campuses without incurring additional tuition charges. Eligible courses must be applicable to the student’s degree program and approved by the student’s academic advisor, certified by the Registrar. Courses are ineligible if SUNY Poly offers the same or equivalent course during the same semester. Registration in eligible courses is provided by the host campus on a space-available basis, determined by the host campus on or about the first day of classes. When enrolled in a course at another campus, students are reminded that the course will follow the calendar and all academic and student conduct regulations of the host campus. While there is no additional tuition charge for courses taken under this program, students will be charged by the host campus for any fees (e.g., parking, technology, computer, student activity, etc.) normally assessed upon part-time students. In addition, SUNY Poly may impose an administrative fee. Full details on this program, which may be modified from time to time, are available in the Office of the Registrar.
SUNY Cross Registration
Cross registration occurs when one SUNY institution (the “Host” institution) provides instruction for an undergraduate student enrolled full-time in a degree or certificate program at another SUNY institution (the “Home” institution) during the same academic term (fall and spring terms only). Cross-registered instruction may occur in any instructional format. Cross registration allows for the waiving of tuition only at the host institution (student is responsible for any fees at the host institution). You are limited to six (6) credits of undergraduate cross-registered coursework per semester (exceptions to this policy must be approved by the home institution and additional tuition and fees may apply). You must have the approval of both the home and host institution. You are responsible for ensuring that the course(s) you register for meet the requirements of your degree. If you change your major/minor, the courses you cross-register for may no longer count toward degree requirements.
For Students from other SUNY campuses registering at SUNY Poly:
- You must complete both the SUNY Cross–registration agreement form and the SUNY Poly non-matriculated application.
- The SUNY Cross-registration agreement must be approved (signed) by the appropriate individuals on your home campus prior to submission.
- The completed SUNY Cross-registration agreement and the non-matriculated application must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office at SUNY Poly. You must also submit proof that you have completed any prerequisite course work for the course you are intending to register for (unofficial transcripts are fine).
- You are responsible for following the SUNY Poly academic calendar, found at www.sunypoly.edu.
- Registration for course work will be on a space available basis at SUNY Poly. This will be determined on the first day of classes each semester.