Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Professional nurses must be prepared to meet the challenges of highly complex health care needs and services for people of our diverse communities. The baccalaureate nursing program emphasizes health promotion, coordinating cost-effective quality care, community-focused health care, and evidence-based practice.
The baccalaureate degree programs in nursing, master’s degree programs in nursing, and post-graduate certificate programs in nursing at SUNY Polytechnic Institute are registered by the New York State Education Department and are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791. For more information, see: www.aacnnursing.org/CCNE.
The nursing community at SUNY Polytechnic Institute aspires to be a values-based center of nursing excellence for learners and professionals regionally, nationally, and internationally. We are dedicated to contributing to society by advancing nursing scholarship and practice through innovation, technology, collaboration, and caring.
The mission of the nursing community at SUNY Polytechnic Institute is to promote a caring, transformational learning environment through academic excellence, lifelong scholarship, and innovation in nursing. We provide quality, evidence-based nursing education that prepares learners to meet diverse healthcare needs within our local and global communities through technology, leadership and collaboration.
Undergraduate Program Outcomes
At the completion of the baccalaureate program, the learner will be able to:
- Embody a curiosity for and engage in creative solutions with evidence-based initiatives to mitigate the challenges in practice, education and leadership.
- Assure the individual’s rights to self-directed healthcare is at the center of all practice, education and leadership decisions.
- Represent the values, norms, and mores of the nursing profession with commitment and veracity in professional practice roles.
- Apply theoretical frameworks to promote safe, quality care to meet the health needs of clients and families.
- Engage in teamwork through collaboration with healthcare professionals, organizational leaders and stakeholders to enhance health care delivery.
- Explore innovative approaches to healthcare through research, continued professional development, and the application of technology.