Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Improving the nation’s health in the twenty-first century requires increasing the variety of care delivery settings available to the general population. Professional nurses of tomorrow must be prepared today to meet the challenges of highly complex health care needs and services for people of our communities and globally. The curricular emphases in baccalaureate nursing programs on health promotion and healthy behaviors, coordinating cost-effective quality care, community-focused health care, and the evidence-based practice, are particularly appropriate to achieving the future’s agenda. It is estimated, however, that the next decade’s demand for baccalaureate-prepared nurses will continue to exceed their availability.
To be the premier innovative cornerstone of nursing education in New York State through the use of technology within a caring context
The mission of the Nursing Faculty is to create a caring transformational environment that promotes professional excellence, lifelong scholarship, and innovation in nursing. We provide evidence- based nursing education that prepares learners to meet health care needs within our local and global communities through technology, leadership, and collaboration. (TLC)
Statement of Purpose and Program Goals
The graduates of this program are prepared at beginning and advanced levels of their practice to utilize theory, leadership, and research evidence as the foundation of their practice. They are prepared to continue their education and to deliver quality nursing services to individual, families, groups and communities. The goals are to:
- Provide a nursing education in the context of an integrative framework that includes technology, behavioral science, biological sciences, arts and humanities
- Prepare learners to apply evidence based methodologies to their practice
- Provide a transformational educational environment that promotes caring, critical reflection, collaboration, professionalism, innovation and lifelong scholarship.
- Foster clinical decisions and ethical practice in health care based upon the codes and standards of practice to meet unique needs of clients and families within local and global culturally diverse communities.
- Promote leadership and caring within clinical practice, education, administration, community service, and scholarship.
- Cultivate the capacity of technology within the human caring experience.
Derived from the Department of Nursing and Health Professions goals are the program specific to the Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree to prepare the graduate for professional practice. At the completion of baccalaureate program, the graduate will be able to:
- Synthesize theoretical and empirical knowledge in nursing and from related arts, sciences, and technology essential for professional practice.
- Apply theories of caring, health promotion, leadership and management to meet the healthcare needs of clients and families within local and global culturally diverse communities.
- Integrate concepts of critical reflection, collaboration, and evidence based practice to foster independent judgment and decision making in one’s practice.
- Model the code of ethics and standards of nursing practice in the provision of care and professional performance.
- Engage in collaboration with consumers, health care professionals, and organizations to provide safe, high quality healthcare.
- Participate in ongoing personal and professional development.
- Explore innovative approaches to healthcare through the research, development, and application of technology
The undergraduate and graduate nursing programs are registered by the New York State Education Department and accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
(CCNE, 1 Dupont Circle NW, Washington, DC, 202-887-6791). The CCNE is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as an accrediting agency for nursing programs at both the baccalaureate and graduate levels.
For more information: http://www.aacn.nche.edu/accreditation/
RN to BS Nursing Program
Joint Articulation Partnership a 1+2+1 Program of Study
Accelerated BS/MS Programs for Professional Register Nurses
Accelerated BS/MS with a Major in Family Nurse Practitioner
Accelerated BS/MS with a Major in Nursing Education