The Cree | Wolfspeed Scholarship at SUNY Polytechnic Institute will be awarded to students who are committed to working hard, willing to collaborate, and have a passion for innovation.
Cree, a semiconductor chip manufacturer, is building a $1 billion factory adjacent to our Utica campus and is committed to providing SUNY Poly students with opportunities to excel through STEM education initiatives in an effort to train tomorrow’s high-tech workforce.
Current students who are enrolled in one of the following STEM programs at SUNY Polytechnic Institute are welcome to apply:
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Nanoscale Engineering
- Network & Computer Security
The Cree | Wolfspeed Scholarship would replace your Merit Scholarship by giving you the same amount of money over your four years at SUNY Poly. If you apply for this scholarship opportunity and are not chosen, you will still receive your Merit Scholarship award.
If you were not previously awarded a Merit Scholarship, you may apply to receive this prestigious scholarship if you meet the criteria below:
- You must meet GPA requirements for at least one year.
- You must provide a letter of recommendation from a faculty member.
- You must complete this application and submit requested documents (essay and letter of recommendation) no later than June 1.
- Students must not have ruled out interest in pursuing a position in the semiconductor industry upon graduation.
- Scholarship recipients must reflect the Cree values of Integrity and Respect; Ownership and Accountability; and Ingenuity and Passion.
- Scholarship recipients may be offered paid summer internships with Cree | Wolfspeed
- Scholarship recipients will be assigned a Cree | Wolfspeed mentor
- Scholarship recipients will be encouraged to attend the annual SUNY Polytechnic Institute and Cree | Wolfspeed Scholarship Mixer